Mar 12, 2012
MBI – Getting a Good Start
MonaVie Business Intelligence (MBI)—your source for relevant and timely information that supports your MonaVie business.
In a survey conducted last year by eatright.org nutrition and you: Trends 2011, a national sample of adults was asked if they actively seek information about nutrition and healthy eating. In the year 2000, just 19% said, “yes,” that they actively seek healthy eating information. Last year (2011), 46% said, “yes.” The trend is dramatic.
An ever increasing number of people are concerned about healthy eating and nutrition. However, many of us forget that first meal of the day. Mark Macdonald reminds us that “the sooner you eat (in the morning), the better for your metabolism.” A healthy morning meal is important for everyone, but we are often in a hurry.
Here are some quick ideas for that first meal to start the day from eatright.org.
- Make instant oatmeal with milk instead of water. Mix in raisins or dried cranberries. Top with chopped walnuts.
- Layer low-fat yogurt with your favorite crunchy cereal and sliced fruit or berries.
- Mix up a breakfast smoothie made with low-fat milk, frozen strawberries, and a banana.
- Top a bowl of whole-grain cereal with blueberries, sliced peaches, or any favorite fruit. Pour on low-fat or fat-free milk.
- Top a toaster waffle with low-fat yogurt and fruit.
- Stuff a whole-wheat pita with a sliced, hard-cooked egg, and low-fat shredded cheese.
- Spread a flour tortilla with peanut butter. Add a whole banana and roll it up.
- Spread almond butter on a whole-grain toasted bagel. Top with apple slices.
- Add lean ham and low-fat Swiss cheese to a toasted whole-grain English muffin.
Insight: Many of these first-meal-of-the-day ideas can be enhanced with MonaVie MX™, MonaVie Elements™, and MonaVie RVL®, as well as your other meals and snacks throughout the day. Mark Macdonald in his book Body Confidence has more advice on this topic. MonaVie inspires us all to be more focused on nutrition, healthy eating, and healthy living.