A 2010 national stress survey by the American Psychological Association (APA), Stress in America, revealed that “stress is not only taking a toll on our personal and physical health, but it is also affecting the emotional and physical well-being of children and our families.”
The most common sources of stress identified in the APA survey were:
- Money (76 percent)
- Family responsibilities (73 percent)
- Work (70 percent)
- The economy (65 percent)
The APA survey also indicated that people with more stress tended to have only “fair” or “poor” overall health, while those with lower stress tended to have “very good” or “excellent” health.
One Nation Under Stress:
- Percentage of people who regularly experience physical symptoms caused by stress – 75 percent.*
- Percentage of people who regularly experience psychological symptoms caused by stress – 73 percent.*
- Percentage of people who feel their stress has increased over the last five years – 48 percent.*
- Percentage of people who reported lying awake at night due to stress – 48 percent.*
- “The demand for functional beverages that offer relaxation and/or stress relief is high in the U.S.,” suggests Mintel’s research published in Functional Beverages (U.S., May 2010),where 48 percent and 36 percent of all functional drinks buyers aged 18+ indicated an interest in functional drinks that help relieve stress and elevate mood, respectively.
* American Psychological Association, American Institute of Stress, April 2012.
Perhaps the most striking finding from the Stress in America survey was that Americans are having a harder time coping with their stress levels.
To help people manage their stress, MonaVie created two exciting products: MonaVie Balance™ and MonaVie Rest™. MonaVie Balance is an AM/PM supplement that helps your body adapt to stress while creating a sense of well-being. MonaVie Rest is a delicious blend of 16 fruits, fennel, lemon balm, chamomile, and inositol, which helps promote a naturally calm, relaxed state.