Aug 16, 2011
Declaring Your Time in the U.S.
If you know you will be conducting business or attending a MonaVie Event in the U.S., you will need to declare the amount of time spent and fill out the Tax Declaration Form. This form only needs to be filled out once every three years.
Please keep in mind that each of the following are examples of MonaVie business activities that you are required to declare:
- Attending a corporate-sponsored event in the U.S. (e.g. International Convention, MonaVie Regionals, City Meetings, etc.)
- Hosting or attending distributor meetings/home tasting parties in the U.S.
- Attending an incentive trip that takes place within the U.S. (e.g. Ruby Fly-In, Diamond Destination, and Black Diamond Celebration, if applicable)
Here is how to declare your time:
- Access your Virtual Office
- Read the pop-up box called “Quarterly Activity Report”
- Answer “Yes” to the question presented.
- When you answer “Yes,” a second question will appear
- Indicate what percentage of your time will be spent conducting MonaVie business in the U.S. (You can declare your time in 1% increments up to 10%, after which the increments increase to 5%.)
- Fill out the electronic Tax Declaration Form
- After you hit “Submit” you will receive a Tax Declaration Summary that will outline what percentage of your U.S. sourced income, if any, will be withheld for taxes during that quarter.*
* The amount of taxes withheld will vary per market and depends heavily on the terms of the current tax treaty that exists between your country and the U.S.