Dec 3, 2010
I Will Conduct Business in the U.S.
If you know you will be conducting business or attending a MonaVie Event in the U.S. over the next three months, you need to declare the amount of time spent and fill out the Tax Declaration Form. This form only needs to be filled out once every three years.
Please keep in mind that each of the following are examples of MonaVie business activities that you are required to declare:
- Attending a corporate-sponsored event in the U.S. (e.g. International Convention, MonaVie Regionals, City Meetings, etc.)
- Hosting or attending distributor meetings/home tasting parties in the U.S.
- Attending an incentive trip that takes place within in the U.S. (e.g. Ruby Fly-In, Diamond Destination, and Black Diamond Celebration, if applicable)
Please also note that if you are a tax resident of Canada and spend less than 183 days a year in the U.S. conducting business, there will be no U.S. taxes withheld from your commissions. Your declaration is nevertheless required to satisfy IRS regulations. If you do happen to spend more than 182 days conducting business in the U.S., you may be subject to a 30 percent U.S. tax withholding on a certain percent of your commission earnings.
Here is how to declare your time when you are planning on conducting business in the U.S.:
- Access your Virtual Office
- Read the pop-up box called "Quarterly Activity Report"
- Answer "Yes" to the question presented if you plan on conducting MonaVie business in the U.S. within the next three months (90 days)
- When you answer "Yes," a second question will appear
- Indicate what percentage of your time will be spent conducting MonaVie business in the U.S. (You can declare your time in 1% increments up to 10%, after which the increments increase to 5%.)
- Fill out the electronic "Tax Declaration" form
- After you hit "Submit" you will receive a "Tax Declaration Summary" that will outline what percentage of your U.S. sourced income, if any, will be withheld for taxes during that quarter