Dear MonaVie Family,
What an amazing start to 2009! Congratulations to each and every one of you for taking personal responsibility for your health and wealth through MonaVie. Thanks to your efforts, a record number of people joined the MonaVie family in the month of February, taking advantage of our free enrollment offer.
As markets around the world continue their downward spiral and as the talking heads on television continue to forecast their predictions of doom and gloom, MonaVie marches on. Isn't it amazing that the more people talk about how bad things are, the worse things become? Maybe we will start MonaVie TV and talk about families and people who are thriving in this economy despite the horrendous performance of many of our so-called prestigious financial institutions, and some of our elected and previously elected officials.
Please understand that in making these statements, I am in no way downplaying the incredible burden placed upon people around the world during these challenging economic times. I don't claim to be an economist; nor am I attempting to espouse any particular political persuasion. I don't especially like politics, but I do enjoy leading a company that provides hope and helps create freedom for people. I enjoy being surrounded by people who are willing to finish what they start, rather than playing politics with people's livelihoods.
Raised in a small community in the farmlands of Idaho, I was taught by my parents as a young child not to go into debt for anything outside of a mortgage, and to earn something before I buy it. They showed me a verse of scripture as a teenager that said something along the lines of: by the sweat of thy brow shalt thou labor, all the days of thy life. They taught me that although "work" is a four letter word, I would learn it, and therefore, be required to earn it! It's a lesson that apparently wasn't followed very well by many of the world's top banking institutions. Hence, the current economic situation.
So now what do we do? Before I answer that question, I must say that all the pundits around the world who for decades have shrugged off or laughed at the notion of direct selling hopefully now have a greater appreciation for what I believe is the finest business model on earth! In the MonaVie model, you don't get it before you earn it; however, you can earn while you learn. It's beautiful, and more importantly, it's principled.
In part, by trying to follow some of the simple wisdom I learned from my parents, the spirit and culture of MonaVie is thriving. We've become a beacon of hope and light, and an example of what can be accomplished through persistence, determination, and commitment, and by staying true to core principles.
While the United States Government was introducing their trillion dollar stimulus package (which I think would have been more effective if they had simply sent each American family $1 million,* but what do I know? I'm just a farm boy from Idaho), MonaVie was busy creating our own Stimulus Package. We never have waited—nor will we ever wait—on government to solve our problems. The greatest ideas in the world have always come from the citizens of each country, and I think at MonaVie we've got a few pretty good ideas that can help families in need.
MonaVie Stimulus Package—A Program for Financial Freedom through Personal Responsibility
- MonaVie Coming to You. Rather than asking you to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on travel, we're coming to you in 2009 with increased City and Regional Meetings. We'd rather you spend that travel money on your tasting parties!
- Free Enrollment Promotions. We waived the enrollment fee for February and had such success with this promotion that we extended it through March as well. Although the enrollment fee is only $39, this promotion has proven a great boon to our distributors. It's never been easier to join MonaVie! Keep sharing the juice.
- Annual Renewal Fee Waived for 2009. The annual renewal fee helps cover real costs, such as operating your Virtual Office, providing tools, and managing your distributorship each year. However, we decided to waive this $20 fee for 2009 because we believe the increased participation gained will help to offset this cost. Again, we hope you'll spend this extra money on additional MonaVie tasting parties!
- First Order Bonus. We've made it easier to earn this bonus. Distributors no longer need to be qualified to be eligible for this bonus; you need only be active. See the compensation plan for complete details.
- Star Maker Bonus. We extended the Star Maker Bonus to include qualified distributors active with at least 100 PV. Previously this bonus was only available to qualified distributors active with at least 200 PV. See the compensation plan for complete details.
- Black Diamond and above Qualification. We are rolling back the requirements to reach Black, Royal, Presidential, Imperial, and Crowne Black Diamond to meeting the individual rank requirements for four consecutive weeks, rather than six and eight weeks. It's now more attainable!
- Expanding Our Borders. In the first half of this year alone, we will be opening Israel and Mexico to help grow your business internationally. In addition, plans for the latter part of 2009 call for the opening of the UK, Poland, and the Netherlands. This will bring the number of markets in which you can build your MonaVie business to 14, through the global and seamless MonaVie Compensation Plan.
This world is starving for bold, principle-based leadership, and we're going to continue answering the call! Here's a secret to success: Find out what the masses are doing and do just the opposite. It's time for people to stand up and say to a world that is heading south that we're heading north, and to jump on this train because there's more room. It's time for MonaVie to step up and step out. It's time for us to do, be, give, and become MORE!
MonaVie continues to lead the way in the Direct Selling Industry, marching toward becoming a $20 billion company in 20 years. We are blessing the lives of people around the world, one bottle and one relationship at a time. It's a recipe for success because it's based on sound business and ethical principles, principles that never go out of style and will never need to be bailed out.
Dallin A. Larsen
Founder and President, MonaVie
*Actually, I've changed my mind. I would not want $1 million sent to every family because they would not have earned it. I'd rather they learn and earn through MonaVie until they've achieved financial freedom by the sweat of their brow.