Nov 6, 2009
Will You Be My Friend?
Ah, Facebook, now that’s something we are all a bit more familiar with right? I mean it is a social media platform where it’s possible that my mother has more friends that I do. My grandmother too.
Even still, let’s do a quick 101 download, because it’s Friday and every Friday should be called Fun Facebook Friday. And you never know, there might be a few things you didn’t know about Facebook.
Here are the basics:
What is Facebook?
Facebook is a social networking service that lets you connect with friends, co-workers, and others who share similar interests or who have common backgrounds. Many use it as a way to stay in touch after finishing school, or as a way to share their life publicly.
What makes Facebook different from other social networks is its extensive privacy controls, its development platform, and its large and quickly growing user base. Currently Facebook boasts more than 300 million active users.
The following statistics from Facebook’s site show just how popular Facebook is becoming worldwide:
- More than 300 million active users
- 50 percent of our active users log on to Facebook in any given day
- The fastest growing demographic is those 35 years old and older
- More than 2 billion photos uploaded to the site each month
- More than 14 million videos uploaded each month
- About 70 percent of Facebook users are outside the United States
- There are more than 65 million active users currently accessing Facebook through their mobile devices.
- People that use Facebook on their mobile devices are almost 50 percent more active on Facebook than non-mobile users.
Why you should become a fan of MonaVie on Facebook?
By becoming a fan of MonaVie on Facebook, you will receive the following:
- Notifications of the most recent news and updates on the MonaVie websites
- Be able to post comments, view videos and pictures of MonaVie events, products and campaigns
- Exclusive “Facebook Only” offers and discounts on MonaVie Mall items
- Exclusive “Facebook Only” contests and promotions
So there you have it. We’re having a fun Facebook time already.
Facebook is awesome for interacting with friends and potential friends. You can upload photos and videos, post events, send private messages and of course there is the Wall Status, which is similar to Twitter feeds, in that you are basically sharing what’s on your mind. Facebook is generally a bit more personal, while Twitter is much more real time.
But again note, don’t abuse this platform by posting false ads or trying to sell your friends or you’re no better than this guy.
So, here’s today’s action item; if you haven’t done so already go to www.Facebook.com and create an account. And then become a fan of MonaVie at www.Facebook.com/MonaVie where we encourage you to leave comments and begin interacting with other fans.
MonaVie Chief Blogger